Finding someone to represent you in a workplace injury suit is quite a tedious task. You cannot just settle for "someone" or just have anyone represent you; it is essential that you get a knowledgeable workplace injury lawyer who will ensure that you win the suit and get compensated properly and promptly.
There are a few tips you can use when choosing a workplace injury lawyer:
- Research which law firm an attorney is partnered with. A lawyer from a reputable law firm is the best person to work with, especially if the firm specializes in workplace injury.
- Look for experience, expertise, and knowledge base. You have very high chances of winning your case if you are working with a workplace injury lawyer who has had experience in handling personal injury cases. A lawyer fresh out of graduate school may be competent but may lack the confidence and know-how coupled only with minimum experience. It is wise that you find out how the attorney has performed in past cases. If possible, you should only settle on a lawyer with a clean and successful track record.
- Consider the educational background of a workplace injury lawyer. Always choose a lawyer who has a degree in law from a recognized university. It is also wise to look at any other post graduate qualifications the lawyer has attained over the years. This gives you a gauge on the professional competencies of the injury lawyer you are about to work with on your case.
- Look at some of the positions the attorney has held in the past. Someone who has been chosen as a member of different committees is someone you can trust. The various positions the attorney has held in the past will show you whether he is someone responsible and trustworthy. This also shows that others have had confidence in him.
- Consider the number and type of past cases a lawyer has handled. It is just not enough that you choose a lawyer who has won past cases. It is essential that you check and confirm that the cases won were those that are similar to yours. The verdicts on such cases are a pointer as to whether you can trust the workers' compensation lawyer to handle your case. You can also check to see if the lawyer was able to get the victims substantial amounts of money in compensation.
- Request a consultation with the injury lawyer. When discussing your case, you can find out how much the representation will cost you. It is also essential that you find out how much you need to pay upfront. Once you have checked everything and you are comfortable with the attorney's qualifications and costs, you can go ahead and hire the lawyer.
To learn more about how Morici, Figlioli & Associates can help you, your family, or your friend regarding a personal injury or workers' compensation case in Chicago, please call our office at (312) 372-9600, or click here to request a completely free consultation.