If you suffer from a construction site injury, you are entitled to compensation from your employer's insurance company. However, in some cases, you are offered less than enough to compensate for your injuries and trauma. In the event this happens to you, you have to take extra measures to get what you rightfully deserve.
Here are some tips you can apply to help ensure that you win construction site injury suits:
- The first tip to help you win your construction site injury suit is to get a competent lawyer. It is not easy to go at it alone, especially knowing what paperwork to file, and moreover, after the insurance company has refused to pay you. It is essential that you get a construction injury lawyer to help you through the case. In order to win the case, you need to ensure that you choose a lawyer who is knowledgeable in the area. The competency of the lawyer you choose will directly relate to your chances of winning the case.
- Once you have chosen a qualified construction injury lawyer, you need to ensure that you follow the lawyer's advice. If possible, you should request an initial consultation session. Here at Morici, Figlioli & Associates, we offer this free of charge. During the consultation, you can present the details of your case to the attorney. The lawyer will be able to tell you what to expect from the case and you can also ask any questions you may have concerning the case.
- The law differs from state to state and the statutes of limitation under the workers' compensation program in your location might be different from elsewhere. Therefore, it is advisable that you get a workplace injury lawyer from your state. The law office of Morici, Figlioli & Associates is such firm! We will ensure that you get representation from an experienced attorney who deals with cases such as construction site injuries and premises negligence.
- In order to win a compensation case, you also need to know your rights. The attorneys at Morici, Figlioli & Associates will explain what you are entitled. If you understand the process, you are in a better position to fight for what you deserve. Your lawyer will also advise you on what you need to provide during the case. You need to offer the attorney maximum cooperation, so as to make the process easy.
- Finally, it is important to put your health first. Once you are working with an accomplished lawyer, you can trust him to handle the case, as you get back to health. Do not put your health at risk by not getting the right medical attention or by trying to handle everything by yourself. When you have a workers' compensation attorney working for you, there is not much for you to worry about.
To learn more about how Morici, Figlioli & Associates can help you, your family, or your friend regarding a personal injury or workers compensation case, please call our office at (312) 779-0366, or click here to request a completely free consultation with a Chicago personal injury lawyer.