IDOT is projecting to spend about $1.4 billion in infrastructure improvements throughout the Illinois tollway system, which will include rebuilding miles of roadways, bridges and buildings repair and other general improvements.
Here is what is projected:
- Interstate 90 (Jane Adams Memorial Tollway): rebuilding and widening lanes, reconstructing local cross bridges, installation of retaining and noise walls.
- EOWA (Elgin O’Hare Western Access): construction of new interchanges, installation of noise walls, widening of lanes.
- Interstates 57/80/90/290/294 (Tri-State Tollway): interchange connection of I-294 and I-57, and improvements and repairs to ramps.
- Interstate 90 (Reagan Memorial Tollway): improvements and repairs to local crossroad bridges, and completion of roadway.
- Interstate 355 (Veterans Memorial Tollway): maintenance and improvements of various bridges and ramps, repairs of entrance and connections ramps, and painting bridges.
Motorists can remain up-to-date with construction projects, lane closures and daily construction alerts by visiting the Illinois Tollway website.